Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Miss Earth Maryland Commemorates Earth Month 2015

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I've been busy and blessed, thanks to the Almighty. So as some of you may know, the month of April commemorates Earth Month! This month is also referred to as Environmental Awareness Month. As a woman of the Earth, and the Free State's Miss Earth, I am proud to celebrate this awesome month!
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Photo by Ros Productions
Earth Day is April 22nd! Follow me on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram as I share earth facts throughout this month in my segment of Thank You, Mother Earth!
April is Earth Month
Earth Fact of the Day: Recycling is a process to change waste materials into new products to prevent waste of potentially useful materials, reduce the consumption of fresh raw materials, reduce energy usage, reduce air pollution and water pollution by reducing the need for "conventional" waste disposal. Recycling is a key component of modern waste reduction and is the third component of the "Reduce, Reuse and Recycle" waste hierarchy. Recyclable materials include many kinds of glass, paper, metal, plastic, textiles, and electronics. The composting or other reuse of biodegradable waste (food or garden waste) is also considered recycling.
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
"I protect the environment by...RECYCLING!"
Photo taken at Montgomery County's (MD) GreenFest
Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life. Earth teach me resignation as the leaves which die in the fall. Earth teach me courage as the tree which stands all alone. Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring. William Alexander
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Photo by Ros Productions
EVERY MONTH IS EARTH MONTH!


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Earth Maryland 2015
Continuing the legacy of beauty and responsibility
Help me compete at Miss Earth United States 2015. DONATE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment