Friday, October 23, 2015

Miss ECO Sierra Leone Participates in 2015 The New Americans Expo Panel

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I've been doing well, all glory to the Almighty. On October 4th, I participated in the inaugural The New Americans Expo. I was a panelist in the "Immigrant Challenges in America" session. All panelists and moderator in this panel are of African descent.
Miss Eco Sierra Leone 2016 Ruby B. Johnson
I talked about my experience as a Sierra Leone-born woman growing up and living in the United States from middle school through university, and life now as a woman pursuing a mining career. Additionally, I talked about how I am promoting my Sierra Leonean culture through pageantry and advocating for girls/women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields, as well as the sustainable future of the mining industry.
Miss Eco Sierra Leone 2016 Ruby B. Johnson
Miss Eco Sierra Leone 2016 Ruby B. Johnson
I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. Tata Nelson "Madiba" Mandela



Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Eco Sierra Leone 2016,
Salone's Eco Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment