Tuesday, January 27, 2015

15 Things To Know About the New Miss Earth Maryland Ruby B. Johnson

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I'm doing great, thanks be to God! As the newly crowned Miss Earth Maryland 2015, I am so excited to serve as an ambassador for the Old Line State which I've called home for more than 11 years. I'm excited to share my journey with all of you on this blog as I advocate for my Beauties for a Cause project: “Mining Rocks: Importance of Mining in Our Everyday Life,” as well as my journey to the Miss Earth United States 2015 pageant this summer. But before we get into that, I'll like to share some things about me, so you can get to know me. Let's get this fun icebreaker started!

I am living the American dream
    • I was born in Freetown, Sierra Leone (West Africa) and came to the United States in 2003. Something I'm very proud of is that I did that traveling all by myself at a young age! As a Sierra Leone-born naturalized US citizen, I uphold my Sierra Leonean values, and I'm proud to be an American living in a nation that provides opportunities and excellence.
I am passionate about women's issues
    • In November 2010, I started an organization called When You Believe Foundation, Inc. She is my baby! The mission of WYBF is to do outreach, raise awareness, provide assistance, enhance the lifestyle, promote self-sufficiency, and empower girls and women in our communities. With the help of my amazing family and friends, and dedicated volunteers, WYBF has created events and workshops in Maryland and other US states, as well as outreach via social media.
My life motto is in Philippians 4:13
    • As a Christ-lover, throughout my life the motto I live by is found in Philippians 4:13 which states “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” (The Holy Bible)
My favorite color is red
    • I love the color red. Being that my name is Ruby is just the icing on the cake. My birthstone is sapphire, which is blue corundum; ruby and sapphire are different variations of corundum mineral. It all comes full circle, it's fantastic! The fact that I wear a lot of red is a good reminder for folks to always remember me as Ruby Red!
My favorite number is 9
    • My birth month is September, which is the 9th month in the year; my birth day is the 9th; my favorite age was 9; and my cellphone number contains a lot of 9s. In the Mohs hardness scale, the hardness of corundum is 9 (second hardest mineral after diamond).

Look out for another blog post where I'll share the rest of the 15 facts!
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Ruby Red!


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Earth Maryland 2015
Continuing the legacy of beauty and responsibility

No comments:

Post a Comment