Wednesday, January 28, 2015

15 Things To Know About the New Miss Earth Maryland Ruby B. Johnson

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I'm doing great, thanks be to God! As the newly crowned Miss Earth Maryland 2015, I am so excited to serve as an ambassador for the Old Line State which I've called home for more than 11 years. I'm excited to share my journey with all of you on this blog as I advocate for my Beauties for a Cause project: “Mining Rocks: Importance of Mining in Our Everyday Life,” as well as my journey to the Miss Earth United States 2015 pageant this summer. But before we get into that, I'll like to share some things about me, so you can get to know me. Let's get this fun icebreaker started! Read the first 5 here.

I get to blow things up at my job
    • Blasting is the controlled use of explosives and other methods such as gas pressure blasting pyrotechnics that is used in mining to excavate or break down rock. In my previous work experiences as a mining engineering student from a co-operative internship in South Carolina and internship in Kono District (Sierra Leone), I had several opportunities to learn about and conduct blasts. 
I have no allergies
    • When I was younger, I used to say that I was allergic to pineapples because all my friends had allergies but me. My mouth sometimes reacted to eating the fruit, so I thought I would be cool like others if I had an allergy too.
I love politics
    • I believe that it is very important for us as citizens of our community and country to be knowledgeable about those who represent and serve us in public office. I have always found politics to be intriguing and since I became of legal age to vote, I have exercised my right as an American to be an informed and active voter. Last year, I became an election judge in Maryland, and first served as a Chief Elections Judge during the primary elections in my county.
I like speaking in different accents
    • Something I enjoy doing is speaking in different accents. It's a fun way to become someone else without changing one's identity for a little amount of time. The accent I like speaking in most is British.
My favorite city is Silver Spring
    • Silver Spring is also my hometown, which is the 4th most populous place in Maryland. I love Silver Spring because it is a city that is culturally, racially, and religiously diverse, and there are many wonderful attractions and people one can meet every day. There's something for everyone!
Look out for another blog post where I'll share the rest of the 15 facts!
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Photo: Prince Zamira Photography

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Earth Maryland 2015
Continuing the legacy of beauty and responsibility

No comments:

Post a Comment