Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My Green Maryland - 5 Facts About The Free State

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I've been working hard but smart and preparing for Miss Earth US next month! So thankful to the Almighty to have this honor of representing my beautiful Maryland at the national level. For today's "My Green Maryland," I'll be sharing interesting things about what else but my amazing Maryland. If you follow me on FacebookTwitter, or Instagram you may already be aware of some of these because I've shared them before. If you're not following me, do so NOW and stay updated with my time of service as Miss Earth MD and all the preparations for nationals.
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Photo by Alex Smith
Click photo to enlarge
  1. The National Aquarium is located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
  2. Annapolis, Maryland's capital, is known as the sailing capital of the world.
  3. Tilghman Island is home to the Skipjacks, the only commercial sailing fleet in North America.
  4. Swallow Falls State Park near Oakland showcases Muddy Creek Falls. At 63 feet, it is the largest waterfall in Maryland.
  5. Greenbelt was the first community in the United States built as a planned city. Greenbelt was an experiment in both the physical and social planning.
[BONUS]
  • Maryland gave up some of its land to form our nation's capital, Washington, District of Columbia.


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Earth Maryland 2015
Continuing the legacy of beauty and responsibility
Help me compete at Miss Earth United States 2015. DONATE HERE


Credit:

No comments:

Post a Comment