Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Green Maryland - 5 Ways To Protect Maryland's Water Quality

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I'm doing well, thanks be to God. I'll be sharing tips and tidbits on how we can practice sustainability in our everyday life and be environmentally-responsible with my series called "My Green Maryland." For today, I'll be sharing five ways we can protect Maryland's water quality in our everyday life.
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
[1] Try composting to recycle yard wastes and reduce fertilizer use.

[2] Create a "rain garden" to keep rain water in your yard to replenish plants.

[3] Plant trees, shrubs and ground cover to protect bare soil and reduce runoff.

[4] Help to start or participate in programs to recycle and safely dispose of used oils and household hazardous wastes and containers.

[5] Report any dumping of inappropriate materials into storm water drains (such as oil, antifreeze); and construction sites over 5 acres that do not have erosion or sediment controls, to your local municipal officials.


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Earth Maryland 2015
Continuing the legacy of beauty and responsibility
Help me compete at Miss Earth United States 2015. DONATE HERE


Source: 

No comments:

Post a Comment