Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Miss Earth Maryland Attends GreenWheaton's 2015 Anniversary Gala

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I've been busy getting ready for nationals but enjoying every moment of it. I'm so excited that two weeks from today I'll be getting ready to head to California for the opportunity for the job of Miss Earth United States. I've been working a lot and smart as Miss Earth Maryland, and by God's grace I hope to continue this on a bigger platform as Miss Earth US. All modesty aside, I want this really bad but as a Christ-believer, I know it's in God's hands. If you'll like to follow my preparation and journey, follow me on FacebookTwitter, or Instagram.
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
On June 25th, I attended GreenWheaton's Anniversary Gala in Wheaton, Maryland. As their volunteer, I spent the first hour and half welcoming guests to the event; afterwards I joined the rest of the attendees. The purpose of this event was to celebrate their successes in four years of non-profit educational work and green initiatives in the Wheaton community, as well as serve as a fundraiser for their continuing efforts of living and working “green” into the future. I'm grateful for this wonderful organization because they gave me an opportunity to talk about my endeavors as Miss Earth Maryland, as well as my upcoming trip to compete for Miss Earth United States. Ms. Wendy, GreenWheaton Executive Director, also pleaded with guests to help contribute financially to my trip and expenses for nationals. I'm grateful for those that made donations, and well-wishers who are rooting for me to bring that crown to Maryland for the first time! I absolutely love my job as Miss Earth MD, and it feels great to know that folks support and appreciate the work you are doing!
Wendy Howard (GreenWheaton Executive Director) and Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Hank Dearden, III (Senior Director of Operations at Trees for the Future) and Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Overall, I had a great time. It was great to meet and mingle with folks working towards a sustainable Wheaton and all of Maryland, and learn about their initiatives. The foodie I am also really enjoyed the delicious food provided by the food sponsors. I even brought home some food after the event.
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson
Miss Earth Maryland 2015 Ruby B. Johnson



Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Earth Maryland 2015
Continuing the legacy of beauty and responsibility
Help me compete at Miss Earth United States 2015. DONATE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment