Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Miss ECO Sierra Leone Attends Miss Guinea North America 2015 Empowerment Conference

Gree(n)tings everyone!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I'm doing well, thanks be to God! On September 5th, I attended the Miss Guinee North America 2015 leadership and empowerment conference. This was the sixth annual conference leading to the MGNA pageant. The theme of this year's conference was "I am my sister's keeper." The keynote speaker was Liberia's own Ambassador Macdella Cooper of the Macdella Cooper Foundation.
Miss ECO Sierra Leone 2016 Ruby B. Johnson
There were various speakers at the conference who talked about leadership, empowerment, and the future of the African continent. Other topics included female genital circumcision, education, social media, healthcare, women's rights, Ebola virus, etc. At this event, the Miss Guinee North America 2015 finalists presented their various platforms on their dream for their nation of Guinea and ambitions for using the title as Miss Guinea North America. Besides hearing from the various influential women and men that were part of the panel of speakers, one of my favorite segments was the foot-washing ceremony in commemoration with the conference theme, "I am my sister's keeper," led by Founder of Domestic Violence Wears Many Tags Queen Afi Gaston. As a woman of faith, I appreciated that the conference started off with prayers and the foot-washing ceremony started with prayers as well. It is never wrong to include God.
I Am My Sister's Keeper
Miss ECO Sierra Leone 2016 Ruby B. Johnson praying with her African sisters
Washing My Sister's Feet
Miss ECO Sierra Leone 2016 Ruby B. Johnson
Thank you to Mrs. Hawa Barry Diallo for having me that weekend and celebrating Guinea's best and brightest in North America, Guinea's future leaders. All of them are women of substance. It makes me proud to see my sisters next door to Sierra Leone with big dreams and accomplishing their goals in different works of life. West Africa OYE! It's all about Mano River Union. The best is yet to come for Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Liberia. Follow my adventures as Miss ECO Sierra Leone on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.
AFRICAN WOMEN
Ambassador Macdella Cooper of Liberia and Miss ECO Sierra Leone 2016 Ruby B. Johnson

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Eco Sierra Leone 2016,
Salone's Eco Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment